Harris Ranch is a pedestrian-friendly 1,300-acre master-planned community in east Boise that embraces the concepts of Smart Growth, New Urbanism and seeks to strike a careful balance between new development and the protection of the environment, wildlife habitat and historic values in the Barber Valley. Nestled between the Boise foothills and the scenic Boise River, Harris Ranch is guided by the vision of Dallas Harris — to create a unique sense of place rooted in the present, yet reflective of the Harris family's distinct commitment to the environment, community and heritage of Idaho. Once fully developed, Harris Ranch will include more than 2,800 homes with pedestrian access to trails, restaurants, shops and other community amenities including the Boise Foothills.
It's easy to LIVE WHERE YOU LIVE, especially when your address is Harris Ranch. With the Foothills to the north, Boise River to the South and so many things to see and do in any direction, you'll be glad you landed here.
- Pocket parks throughout the community
- Barber Park and Event Center with river rafting drop-in area
- Miles of foothill trails ideal for walking, biking, running, exploring and walking your dog
- Immediate access the Greenbelt Pathway System that weaves throughout the entire Valley
- Boise River access for fly fishing, rafting and kayaking
- Shakespeare Festival with outdoor theatre, delicious dining and incredibly talented actors
- Lucky 13 Restaurant offering up legendary pizza and a great view of the foothills
- Ben's Crow Inn serves up great clams, burgers and beer
- Warm Springs Golf Course offering 18 challenging holes to the public
- Bown Crossing is a family bike ride away with 4 restaurants and old-fashioned candy shop
- Botanical Gardens brings color year round from Winter-A-Glow to summer's most beautiful blooms
One of the many distinguishing attributes of the Harris Ranch community is its proximity to the Foothills and Boise River. Recognizing that the location of the community lies in a corridor directly between these two important wildlife and habitat areas, the Harris family and the Developer of Harris Ranch proactively initiated a comprehensive Wildlife Assessment and Mitigation Plan which a) identifies potential direct and indirect impacts to wildlife and habitat resulting from construction/residential activities, and b) provides a means for enabling actions and options for avoiding, minimizing or mitigating those identified impacts.