Benari Estates is a 133 homesite community submitted in October 2021 for preliminary approval by the City of Eagle Planning and Zoning Department. The developer of this community is Eagle 1, LLC.
The proposed Benari Estates Development will have two (2) housing types consisting of large estate homes and single-story homes that are designed with the 55 and over demographic in mind. As proposed, the development will consist of 8.59 acres (24.7%) of open space. The proposed open space will consist of a two-sided water feature, pathways, a fully fenced dog park, an open space area to preserve the existing Pecan Trees, and a historical barn structure.
Benari's large estate homes will be developed on the north and east sides of the development which will create a transition to the existing homes and acreages. Internal to the project is an age-targeted village gated community that will provide for a diversity of housing product types and price ranges near the downtown core of the City of Eagle. This area of the project will consist of single-story single-family homes that are designed with the 55 and over demographic in mind. The neighborhood will include attractive landscaping, seating and gathering areas, a walking loop around the neighborhood, and a dog park. The street network is designed to create an intimate neighborhood atmosphere that invites neighbors to interact and build a sense of community. Benari's proximity to Downtown Eagle will make it easy for residents to walk or bike to community amenities such as restaurants, shopping, Eagle City Library, Post Office, and City Hall. This project will be a wonderful addition to the City of Eagle.
- Developer: Eagle 1, LLC
- Minimum lot size- 4,703 square feet
- The Main Entry Boulevard will provide a grand entrance to the Benari Neighborhood culminating in a two-sided water feature and beautifully landscaped park. The park area will be a gathering place for the residents and will help to create a sense of openness and arrival.
- A total of 8.47 acres approximately 24.4% of open space is proposed within the residential subdivision. Approximately 2.15 acres (25.4%) of the proposed open space is considered to be "Open Space, Active" as defined by Eagle City Code Section 9-1-6. The open space is inclusive of the buffer areas located adjacent to North Ballantyne Lane and West State Street, common lots located at the internal street intersections, three (3) park areas, and an open space area located across from the eastern entrance to the development. The park areas consist of the main park that will create a focal point from the main entry from North Ballantyne Lane, a fully fenced dog park located at the center of the project, and a southern park area where the existing pecan trees and the historical barn will be preserved. The park areas will also consist of open-view wrought iron fencing, pathways, benches, and a two-sided water feature.
- Eagle 1, LLC is proposing to develop the three phases in successive years. The first phase is proposed to start in 2022, phase 2 in 2023, and phase 3 in 2024 or 2025. Home construction and sales will continue into 2026 and possibly further depending on market conditions.
- Bakers Acres Subdivision located north of the proposed Benari Estates Subdivision is designated as Large Lot Residential on the comprehensive plan land use map. Large Lot Residential allows for densities of one unit/acre to one unit/two acres. Bakers Acres Subdivision contains three (3) residential lots which border the proposed development. The three (3) lots located within Bakers Acres Subdivision have an A-R (Agricultural-Residential) zoning designation with a minimum lot size of approximately 4.8 acres. As proposed, Benari Estates Subdivision contains 12 residential lots located along the shared subdivision boundary with Bakers Acres Subdivision. Six (6) residential lots are located within Block 1 west of North Boulder Ridge Avenue and the remaining six (6) lots are located east of North Boulder Ridge Avenue. In the event, Baker Acres Subdivision was re-developed in the future the highest density which could be approved pursuant to the comprehensive plan designation is one unit/acre with a minimum lot size of (3) 7,000 square feet. As proposed, the lots located adjacent to Bakers Acres Subdivision vary in size from 9, 772-square feet to 15,924 square feet with an average lot size of 11,070 square feet, which is less than one-third (1/3) of the size of the minimum lot size in the event Bakers Acres Subdivision were redeveloped. Based on the Bakers Acres Subdivision comprehensive plan land use designation, to provide lot sizing which would be more compatible with future lots within Bakers Acres Subdivision the applicant should be required to provide a revised preliminary plat and planned unit development showing two (2) residential lots removed north of West Yellowstone Court and west of North Boulder Ridge Avenue and three (3) residential lots removed north of West Yellowstone Court and east of North Boulder Ridge Avenue. The revised preliminary plat and planned unit development should be provided prior to the submittal of the final development plan and final plat applications.
- Irrigation water: New Dry Creek
West Ada School District:
- Eagle Hills Elementary
- Eagle Middle
- Eagle High
Benari Estates homeowner's association dues:
- Details coming soon
- Homeowner's association shall have the duty to maintain the pressurized irrigation system and all common landscape areas in the subdivision are maintained in a competent and attractive manner, including the watering, mowing, fertilizing, and caring for shrubs and trees in perpetuity.