Boise Idaho Home Builders
There are about a hundred active builders in Boise, based on building permits and new home sales. In 2022, the median price of a new home was $669,950, which was just over $308/per square foot.
If you are looking for a new home, it is probably good advice in this market not to lock in a builder too early as building lots may be tied a builder, which eliminates you from bringing your own.
Top Boise Builders
Build Idaho researches the real estate market and is glad to share. The following chart ranks builders by total new homes sold in 2022 and lists the median price of homes for each builder.
|New Homes Sold||Median Price|
|Boise Hunter Homes||64||$1,171,125|
|Core Building Co.||15||$1,130,000|
|Toll Brothers Idaho||14||$845,340|
Types of Home Builders:
- Production Builders
These companies build the same floorplans over and over. They can build efficiently and have systems in place to create quality consistencies. Normally, these builders offer many upgrades, which cost a premium. Their business model is based on a streamlined process, therefore the client experience may not be as personal.
- Semi-Custom Builders
These builders also have floorplans that clients may select from but modifications and personalizations are allowed. Clients have more say in finishes as well as amenities. The builder is more hands-on, even if they have superintendents on job sites during construction.
- Custom Home Builders
A true custom home builder builds each home uniquely for each client. Price and size do not determine if they are a custom builder. Most builders consider themselves custom builders, but the reality is that very few are truly custom home builders. Custom home construction is where you purchase a lot, design the home, and hire a builder. This is the most expensive way to build a home.
What to know about Boise Custom Builders
- It is best to understand your options before selecting a custom builder or a building lot. If you select a builder first, you may find it hard to find a lot where you can bring your own builder. If you select a lot first, it may be tied to a builder that you have to work with.
- Hire someone you trust. You are going to spend a lot of money and depending on the size and complexity of your home, up to 18 months with them! You need someone that communicates well and will meet your expectations for.
- Most builders will tell you that they are custom builders but don't take their word for it. Interview past clients and check recent homes completed.
- Get it in writing. Assuming something will happen in the timeframe expected is a lot to ask of a busy person. Communication and setting expectations will create clarity for everyone.
- Take care of the people that are building your home including the sub-contractors so that they want to do their best for you. Also, when you need a favor, they feel obligated to help you.
Build Idaho has tracked local residential single-family permits since 2005. This chart provides good insights into new construction activity as well as the growth of Treasure Valley.
Great Homes Don't Just Happen Haphazardly. Everyone has different tastes and styles and every custom home has many other elements that make it unique. Whether you are spending $200,000 or $2Million, there are principles you can stick by to ensure the best results for a new construction home.Learn more
Meet the builders that design and innovate new homes plus our new construction guides.Learn more
Did you know that there are over 160 builders in the Boise area? Some are new to the valley, and others have been building homes for quite a while. Choose wisely.Learn more
Learn more about what qualities to look for in a custom home builder in Idaho.Learn more
How much does it truly cost to build a home in Treasure Valley? And what does it cost to buy one?Learn more
Rarely does someone move into a new home without any issues, Most would be shocked if you did! New homeowners always find something wrong with the house - paint spot that needs to be fixed, a corner of a tile is chipped, the bathtub has a nick or something no matter how small. How do you complain to your home builder to get those problems fixed?Learn more
Finding the right builder is a daunting task that requires due diligence. Learning about the builder's credentials and qualifications and meeting past clients is very important but at the top of the list is your impression and gut feeling about the builder.Learn more
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. IMLS does not assume any liability for missing or inaccurate data. Information provided by IMLS is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. All listings provided by IMLS are marked with the official IMLS IDX logo.